Some simple tips for you to get home safe in the winter:
• If you hit a glossy area of ice or snow, pump your brakes and turn the steering wheel in the same direction the car is skidding in. For example, if the car is drifting right, turn the wheel to the right in order to stay in a straight line. (This does not be appropriate to anti-lock brakes, which should not be pumped ever.)
• Keep your headlights at all times to ensure the upper limit of visibility.
• Never ever don’t use cruise control in below-freezing temperatures. Why? Because cruise control can slow reaction time if you come across risky circumstances. (You should also avoid overdrive.
• Drive a little bit more slowly. Driving like a mad man in a hurry, around sharp corners makes a car difficult to control under the best circumstances; adding snow or sleet to the equation can spell car collision. When visibility is down and road conditions are poor, it's better to take your time and get to your destination in one piece.
• Leave plenty of room in front of your car for emergency stops; even when driving slowly accidents can occur.
Don’t forget to take make all the preparations that can be done at your mechanic.
The winter is almost here so is your car ready for it? Here are some tips on checking your car and some vital emergency supplies.It's very important to have winter tires...read more
The "Dont' drink and drive" Lotus print ads were launched during the spring festival in China. Lotus wanted to launch a series of print ads to remind people how serious...read more
Right from its release three years ago Audi Q7 was a true leader among SUV's sporting premium, version of 2010 is more elegant, with less polluting emissions and last but not...read more
Winter can be really tough on your car, especially when there’s a lot of ice and snow around. You really need to take care of your car around this time of year, to prevent problems when it comes to...read more
GM is investing more than $230 million in four greater Flint, Mich. plants to support production of the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze and Volt.FLINT, Mich. - General Motors Company is...read more
Jeep will launch the Gladiator pick-up on the European market early next year. The announcement came from Jeff Hines, the head of Jeep in the EMEA region....read more
Automotive media and car enthusiasts the world over have long considered the Lancer Evolution to be one of the best - if not the greatest - 4-door sports sedan of all time....read more
People seem busier than ever, with packed schedules and demands coming from every direction. If you feel like you are always running from one place to the next trying to get everything done, these...read more
The new Volkswagen Golf Estate launches at prices starting at € 18,500. The Volkswagen Golf Estate is one of the most prosperous models on the market, especially in the...read more